THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY
By participating in Think Turkey’s Holiday Turkey Tok Challenge (the “Contest”), each entrant (hereafter referred to as the “Entrant”) agrees to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor (defined below) with respect to all aspects of this Contest, which are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 4:00.00 p.m. EST on November 29, 2022 and ends at 11:59.59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2022 (the “Entry Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To enter, post your turkey recipe video to TikTok, Instagram or Facebook and tag @thinkturkeyca and/ or @CanadianTurkey, stating which category you are entering in the video description copy. The four categories are as follows:
- Best Brine or Seasoning
- Best Turkey Cooking Hacks
- Trendiest Turkey
- Best Turkey Leftover Recipe
To be eligible, your entry must be received within the Entry Period in accordance with these Rules. All entries are collectively referred to as “Entries” or individually as an “Entry”. Use (or attempted use) of any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). All Entries are subject to verification at any time for any reason.
- THE PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be four (4) prizes available to be won for the Contest for Canada of $5,000.00 CAD each. Prizes to be awarded to the winners within each category as set forth above.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or assignable except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize will only be awarded to the persons whose verifiable name appears on the selected Entry, and who complies with the provisions of these Rules. The Prize is subject to all terms and conditions stipulated by the Sponsor and available at https://www.canadianturkey.ca/events/. The Prize will be delivered to the winner by the Sponsor at the address specified by the Entrant following confirmation by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for, and will not replace, lost or stolen Prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION PROCESS: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Following the Entry Period, on January 3rd, 2022 at 2:00.00 PM EST, a panel of recipe experts including members of Turkey Farmers of Canada and its agency partners (the Judging Panel) will select one (1) Entrant eligible to win the Prize within each category, totaling four (4) winners. Winners will be selected based on the following judging criteria:
– Meets the category requirements
– prepared following food safety guidelines
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select less than the stated number of Winners in the event that the Sponsor does not receive a sufficient number of eligible Entries. Decisions of the Sponsor and Judging Panel are final and binding in all matters. The Sponsor will not disclose judging scores. The selected Entrants will be contacted by the Sponsor by direct message through TikTok. Instagram or Facebook or by comment on the original contest entry post, whereby the selected Entrants will be required to successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be eligible to be declared the winner. Following the Winner Selection, the Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of two (2) attempts to contact the selected Entrants (using the Social Media account handle provided by the Entrant) within five (5) business days of the Panel Selection. If the selected Entrants: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to respond to the notification of being selected as a potential winner, or cannot be contacted, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable or if any Prize is returned as undeliverable, within the specified time; (c ) fails to return the signed declaration; and/or (d) cannot accept the Prize as awarded for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant). Before being declared A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the selected Entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return to Sponsor a declaration in which he/she: (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, its agents, representatives, administrators and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof.
- ENTRY VERIFICATION. All Entries are subject to verification. An individual may be required to provide proof that he/she is the individual associated with the Entry. If any individuals other than yourself are named or appear in the Entry, you must have the permission of the individuals (or of parent/legal guardian if a minor) to use their name and/or photograph/likeness. Proof of such permission may be required at the Sponsor’s discretion. Submitting an Entry constitutes your (and, if an eligible minor, your parent’s or legal guardian’s) acceptance to these Official Rules and consent to grant the Sponsor certain rights in and to the Entry, as described in Section 11 below. An Entry must be made in your name from your social media handle only, regardless of whether others contributed to or appear in the Entry. Entries that are late, incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Entries that are found to be copies of other Entries previously entered in the Contests or to contain content plagiarized from other websites and/or publications will be void and will result in the entrant’s disqualification. Entries that are deemed not to follow food safety and handling guidelines will automatically be disqualified.
- ENTRY GUIDELINES Each Entry (i.e. TikTok recipe video) submitted must meet the following criteria, as applicable:
ENTRY Be original; Posted on TIKTOK or Instagram or Facebook and shared through a public account; Tag @ThinkTurkeyca (TikTok) or @CanadianTurkey (Instagram/ Facebook)
Entries must not (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, sexual orientation, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain or reference nudity or any materially-dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political or religious agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (e) be false or misleading. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right to permit, in its sole discretion, Entries containing non-infringing and incidental use of trademarks owned by others.
By entering an Entry, you warrant and represent that: (a) it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (b) other participants depicted in the Entry, if any, have given written consent to its entry into the Contests and use as contemplated by these Official Rules; (c) publication via various media including Web posting and posting in social media, will not infringe on the rights of any third party; (d) it is appropriate for the Contests and all ages, in “good taste”, in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and suitable for publication (e.g. must not be obscene or indecent), as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; (e) you have waived all moral rights in and to the Entry in favour of the Sponsor. Without limiting any of the foregoing, Entries cannot be a parody or derogatory. Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties (as defined below) from any claims to the contrary. Any Entries that, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication or inclusion in the Contests for any reason will be disqualified from the Contest.
- SECURITY If you are entering the Contest via the Internet, you may only enter this Contest if your browser permits connection to a secure, industry-standard SSL-enabled server. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for tampering, theft, defects, human errors including extreme negligence, deletions, technical or telephone problems, undeliverable messages, computer errors, lost, misdirected, late or incomplete entries or for any online difficulties that may result in the failure to consider an Entrant for any of the prizes offered. Further, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel this Contest without prior notice and is not responsible for production or printing errors, technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus damage or any other damage which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for any entries that are incomplete, lost, misdirected or destroyed.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property used by the Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, all trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry, website, social media pages and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- The employees, representatives, or mandataries of the Sponsor, and the persons with whom such persons are domiciled may not enter the Contest, and do not and will not qualify as Entrants in the context of these Rules.
- The Entrants understand that by tagging @thinkturkeyca in their Entry, they are granting permission for the Sponsor to share their content and recipe on their website, social media channels, media releases or materials and any and all other publications in perpetuity.
- The Releasees will not be liable for: (i) any failure of any website or social media pages during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry to be received for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
- The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, delayed, incomplete or misdirected Entries. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected Entrant who will be notified by email and informed of all necessary arrangements. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or Entrants.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned the selected email address. An Entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the Authorized account holder of the username associated with the Entry in question and that he/she has all necessary consents, permissions and/or licenses as required by these Rules.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, at any time, including but not limited to, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant’s Entry in the Contest or entitlement to a Prize, if the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines or suspects that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, use of multiple mice or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including, without limitation, any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means). Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will automatically be disqualified.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
- Should an Entrant wish to not be entered into the Contest following completion of the Entry, they should email [email protected]to request that their Entry be rendered null and void.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether in Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the province of Ontario and each Entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of said courts and waive any objection thereto. Notwithstanding the above, with respect to Entrants of the Province of Quebec exclusively, (i) any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeuxfor a ruling; and (ii) any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. All Entrants hereby acknowledge that Releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize.
- The French version of the Rules is available at https://www.dindoncanadien.ca/evenements/. La version française du Règlement est accessible à l’adresse https://www.dindoncanadien.ca/evenements/