TIP: You can make the ground meat up to 3 days ahead and store in the refrigerator. Feel free to serve with alternate toppings; shredded lettuce, avocado pieces, cheddar cheese or salsa.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet
- Sauté onions for 4-6 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add ground turkey. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Cook until lightly browned and cooked through, 8-10 mins.
- Add tomatoes and stir to combine. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take each piece of tortilla and press into muffin cup to create a cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until browned and crispy.
- To assemble: place 1 1/2-2 tbsp of ground turkey mixture into each cup. Top with 1-1 1/2 tsp sour cream, cherry tomato slices, jalapeño slices and cheese. Serve at room temperature.