The aroma of the fish sauce will disappear during cooking. You can also substitute this ingredient with an equivalent amount of soy sauce. By adding a few dried and rehydrated shitake mushrooms, you will get fantastic aromas that evoke the unique umami taste of fish sauce.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients.
- Cook noodles according to instructions on the package. Drain and set aside. Certain varieties need to be soaked first, while others cook in as little as 3 minutes. I suggest adapting the recipe according to cooking instructions on package.
- In a large skillet, sear and brown turkey strips for 4-5 minutes in the sesame and cooking oil mixture, until cooked through.
- Add green onions and cabbage and cook 1 more minute or so. Push the ingredients on the side to create space to cook eggs for 1 minute, to make scrambled eggs.
- Incorporate noodles and mix well. Quickly add the sauce and cook 2 more minutes.
- Divide in four bowls. Top with peanuts and cilantro leaves. The lime wedges will bring out the wonderful flavours of this typical and exotic meal.