TIP: The egg noodles soak up all the liquid, so be warned if you store this in the fridge, it may not be a soup any longer.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter. When melted, stir in onion. Cook for a few minutes. Stir in carrots and celery. Cook until onions are translucent and other veggies have softened slightly.
- Stir in garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in broth and water. Bring to just a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in rice. Simmer for another 40 minutes (making sure to stir up the rice in the beginning so it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.)
- Add turkey, lemon juice, and noodles. Simmer 6-10 minutes, or until noodles are soft.
- Serve immediately (because those noodles will soak up all the liquid!)