Leftover turkey will last in fridge for up to 5 days in an air tight container.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Place Turkey in an oven proof pan with a lid like a dutch oven with olive oil and season with salt and pepper generously.
- Place dutch oven in middle rack of oven and allow to roast for roughly 45 minutes (time will vary depending on size of turkey breast) Check temperature using a digital thermometer in the thickest part of the breast – Internal temperature needs to be 165F/74C.
- Remove turkey from oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes with the lid on before using two forks to pull the turkey apart and shred.
- While the turkey breast is cooking, in a large pot, add the olive oil and heat to medium. Cook the bacon until crisp then adding the onions, celery, oregano and salt and pepper until onions are celery are tender.
- Add the turkey bone broth and turn up heat until soup begins to bubble, turning heat down and allowing to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain soup, separating the solids from the broth. Place solids into a high speed blender with 1 cup of broth and blend to combine. Return blended mixture and broth pack to the pot and continue simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, zucchini and corn and allow to cook until zucchini and corn are tender (roughly 5-10 minutes)
- Turn off the heat and add in shredded turkey breast.
- Serve warm, seasoning with salt and pepper to finish or fresh herbs (optional).