TIP: If you’re looking to make smaller, bite-sized rolls, simply roll dough into 15 x 24 inch rectangle and cut into 16 slices. Bake for 15-17 minutes. This recipe is ideal for using leftover turkey!
- Combine milk, maple syrup, eggs, butter, flour, yeast and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook attachment, knead flour mixture until dough is elastic and smooth (approx. 4-5 minutes).
- Cover the bowl with wax paper or plastic wrap. Set the bowl in a warm place and allow to rise for 1 hour or until it has roughly doubled in size.
- In a separate bowl, combine shredded turkey, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and thyme. Roughly mix with a fork until combined. Cover and set aside.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Once dough has sufficiently risen, lightly dust work surface with flour. Turn out the dough onto the surface and sprinkle the top of the dough with additional flour. Roll the dough into a 10x16 inch rectangle.
- Spread the tomato pesto evenly over the dough. Sprinkle turkey mixture evenly over the pesto.
- Starting on the long end, roll the dough tightly into a log. Cut into 8 slices and place in lined baking dish. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Once dough has sufficiently risen, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake the rolls for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.