Excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, niacin and calcium. Good source of riboflavin, folate, vitamin B12, zinc and selenium.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place turkey breast on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cook for 30 minutes until an internal temperature of turkey breast reads 170°F (77°C).
- Remove from oven and let cool. Remove skin and cut turkey into 1/2-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy-bottom saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, potato and broccoli stems only and carrots, stirring often, for about 8 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in stock. Add broccoli florets, reserving one cup of broccoli florets. Cook for 15 minutes or until thickened and potatoes are soft.
- Transfer soup to a heat-resistant blender or food processor. Blend.
- Return to pot and add turkey, milk, cheese and remaining broccoli florets.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and broccoli is soft about 4 minutes.
- Add dill and season to taste with salt and pepper.