TIP: Double the stuffing you make and freeze your extra portion. You can cook it on it’s own and serve it with any leftover turkey.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and the giblets and neck have been removed.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare your stuffing and set aside.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil, salt, pepper and dried herbs, inside and out.
- Stuff the cavity loosely with stuffing.
- Place the turkey into a roasting pan. Add the wine and the broth.
- Roast the turkey for 3 3/4 – 4 ½ hours, until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 180°F in the thigh and the stuffing reads 165°F.
- Once cooked, remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
To Prepare Stuffing:
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Sauté onions and celery until cooked through and browned, 8-12 minutes. Deglaze with white wine and cook an additional 3-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add beaten eggs to broth.
- Combine all stuffing ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking times are for planning purposes only – always use a digital meat thermometer to determine doneness.