TIP: For dark meat lovers, substitute boneless skinless turkey thighs for the breast. Water chestnuts are another delicious addition in a stir-fry.
Fresh Vegetable Substitute:
- In bowl whisk together turkey stock, soy and oyster sauces, lime juice, ginger, garlic, sugar and hot chili pepper.
- Pour half of the marinade into a resealable bag and add turkey. Seal bag and move turkey around in bag to coat completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours. Alternatively, freeze marinated turkey for up to 1 week.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for up to 1 week. In wok or large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add turkey to skillet and brown for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables and bamboo shoots to skillet and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk cornstarch into reserved marinade.
- Pour into skillet and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp and turkey is no longer pink inside.
Omit frozen vegetables and use 6 cups (1.5 L) of chopped fresh vegetables such as sliced pepper, broccoli, carrots, snow peas and onions.If using fresh vegetables reduce the cornstarch to 4 tsp (20 mL).