TIP: This roast tastes great re-heated the next day. Serve with some mashed potatoes and a little cranberry sauce on the side for a perfect weeknight supper.
- Remove sausages from casing and sauté until cooked through. Set aside until cooled.
- Pour milk over bread until absorbed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sausage, bread and the rest of the stuffing ingredients.
- Spread out breast meat. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle with fresh sage leaves.
- Spread stuffing evenly across meat.
- Gently roll meat up into a roast. Tie to secure.
- Season outside with salt and pepper.
- Sear on medium-high heat until browned on all sides.
- Roast in the oven for 35-45 minutes until an instant read thermometer reaches 170 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 20 minutes until cooled.
- Slice and serve.