TIP: You can cook any extra stuffing in an oven safe dish for 45 minutes and serve on the side.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and the giblets and neck have been removed.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Prepare your stuffing (directions to follow) and set aside.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil, salt, pepper and dried herbs, inside and out.
- Stuff the cavity loosely with stuffing.
- Place the turkey into a roasting pan. Add the wine and the broth.
- Roast the turkey for 5–6 hours, until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 180°F (82°C) in the thigh.
- Once cooked, remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Sauté onions and celery until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Deglaze with white wine. Set aside to cool.
- Pour broth over dried bread to moisten.
- Combine all stuffing ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking times are for planning purposes only – always use a digital meat thermometer to determine doneness.