TIP: Mix up your lunchbox flavours by changing the marinade for the turkey, trying out different grains instead of rice and mixing up the side vegetables you use.
- Slice turkey into 2-inch slices.
- Mix yogurt, ½ the spices and the lime juice together to make the marinade.
- Marinate the turkey for at least 2 hours.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Sear turkey on both sides and continue to cook for 8-12 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink. Once cooled, cut into chunks.
- For the rice: add the remaining spices to the cooking water and cook rice according to package directions.
- For the beans: sear green beans in a non-stick skillet over high heat until gently browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Recipe can be made ahead and stored for up to 3 days at this point.
- For salad: mix together cucumber, tomatoes and parsley. Dress with salt and pepper, remaining olive oil and vinegar.
- Assemble the lunch box; add rice, turkey, green beans, salad, lemon and tzatziki.