TIP: When purchasing turkey thighs at your local grocer, ask your butcher to debone them for you. This will save you some time and make the preparation of these kebobs a snap! If you prefer thicker slices or chunks of sweet potatoes, par-bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes before adding to skewers.
- Cut turkey meat into 1.5- to 2-inch chunks. Marinate turkey in jerk sauce for at least 30 minutes, or for up to a day ahead, in the refrigerator.
- Slice sweet potato about 1/2 inch thick. Cut peppers into 1-inch chunks.
- Mix sweet potatoes and peppers together in a bowl. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to a day ahead in the refrigerator.
- Alternately thread turkey and vegetables onto skewers. Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill for 20-30 minutes, turning every 5-7 minutes, until meat is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, toss mango with onions; toss in cilantro. Whisk vinegar with olive oil, honey, hot pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Stir into salsa mixture. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with kebobs.
Excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, pantothenate, zinc and selenium. Good source of thiamin, folate, magnesium and iron.