TIP: Add Parmesan to the top of the pastry before baking, if desired.
- Use half the dough to line a 9-inch pie plate (23 cm).
- Heat oil in a skillet, add turkey, onion and red pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and carefully add the remaining ingredients.
- Fill pie pastry with mixture. Top with second pastry layer or use lattice design if desired.
- Seal the edges of the two crusts together by pressing them between your fingers. Make incisions in the top crust (if using full crust).
- Bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 minutes then lower temperature to 375°F (180°C) for a further 45 to 55 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. For the last 10 to 15 minutes, cover the edges, as needed, with aluminum foil to avoid burning.