₁This may be the most important step to grilling! So many people skip this step, or don’t let it preheat long enough. This single step is what heats up the grill grates and allows the food to be flipped without sticking. DON’T RUSH THE PREHEAT! ₂ This is such an easy BBQ hack! By putting the kebabs in the freezer to firm up a bit before grilling, you minimize the chances of having anything fall apart on the grill!
- Start by preheating your grill to medium high heat for 10-15 minutes. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the turkey, with all other ingredients. Form into 4 balls and press each ball around a skewer. The beauty of kofta kebabs is that they don’t have to be perfect. Just form the meat around each skewer until it’s evenly distributed.
- Set the kebabs on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and place in the freezer to firm up for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the tzatziki, except the chili pepper. Using a fine grater, grate as much of the chili pepper into the tzatziki as your tastes desire. We like it SPICY, but we’ll leave that your own discretion! Set aside in the fridge for the flavors to meld. Overnight is ideal, but a couple hours will also do.
- Grill the kebabs for 10 – 15 minutes, flipping once, until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached. Set aside to cool, uncovered for 10 minutes. Slide skewers out of the kebabs.
- To serve these super easy kebabs, open a whole wheat pita, add the kebab, and top with your favourite middle eastern inspired toppings. Our suggestions: fresh tomato, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, olives, pickled turnip more parsley and enough of the tzatziki to smother the works!