Tip: You can freeze these burgers right on the plate or tray and then transfer them to a Ziploc bag for easy storage. Thaw out for 30 minutes before BBQ’ing according to instructions above.
- Sauté onions over medium heat until translucent and lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool
- Season your meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add garlic, Panko, Tamari, Worcestershire sauce, Oyster sauce and water.
- Add onions, once cooled
- Take a generous handful of the mixture, about a half cup and roll gently between your palms to create a rough ball. Flatten to your desired thickness, about one inch and a half, and place on a sheet of wax paper over a large plate or tray. Repeat until you have used up all the meat. You should have 8 - 12 patties, depending on your size preference.
- Place your tray of patties in the freezer for 60 minutes to firm up. This will help your sliders keep their shape on the BBQ.
- Remove from the freezer and BBQ immediately.
- BBQ over medium-high heat until patties are cooked through and meat is no longer pink, 4-6 minutes per side.
- To ensure meat is cooked through, test with a meat thermometer. Meat should register 165ºF (75ºC). Time will vary depending on size of patties, and type of BBQ.