A meat thermometer is essential here as cooking to temperature, rather than time, ensures properly cooked protein, every single time.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat (around 350° F)
- Coat your turkey breast in olive oil, season well with salt and pepper, then add your garlic, thyme and lemon zest, and massage until fully coated. Transfer to fridge and marinade for 1 hour (up to 4 hours).
- Insert a meat probe, then transfer the turkey to the grill and cook until the skin is golden and crispy, and the turkey is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165° F . Rest at least 15 minutes before carving into thin strips.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender, then drain and set aside.
- Boil the green beans and asparagus in salted water until crisp but tender, about 3-4 minutes. Drain and run under cold water, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, make your vinaigrette. Combine the garlic, shallot, and mustard in a medium bowl. While constantly whisking, slowly stream in your olive oil bit by bit until thick and emulsified. Whisk in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently toss the cooked potatoes in about ¼ cup of the vinaigrette, letting the warm potatoes soak in all the flavour. Add ¼ cup of basil leaves, toss once more, then set aside.
- Grab a large serving platter and add the sliced grilled turkey. Next, add your warm potatoes, green beans, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, greens, olives, and herbs to garnish, and serve with the remaining vinaigrette.
- Halve your eggs and top with a sprinkle of salt and cracked black pepper and serve!