Tip: Plan for leftovers. Add a few extra pounds on top of your count per person and plan to have leftovers from your turkey. White meat or dark, your leftovers can be a great base for healthy and nutritious lunches and dinners throughout the week.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and the giblets have been removed.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Pat the bird dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil, inside and out.
- Combine all the spices to make a rub. Sprinkle generously onto the bird, inside and out.
- Stuff the cavity with leeks, garlic and parsley.
- Place the bird into your roasting pan. Add wine and turkey broth.
- Roast the turkey for 3 ½ - 4 ½ hours or until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 170°F (77°C) in the breast and 180°F (82°C) in the thigh.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
NOTE: Cooking times are for planning purposes only – always use a digital meat thermometer to determine doneness.