Add these flavourful and juicy turkey tenders to salads, wraps or sandwiches! They also work well as a main dish paired with crispy oven fries and a salad for a delicious and healthy meal. Store any leftovers in the fridge and reheat in the oven so they stay crispy!
- Add ¾ cup almonds, cumin, coriander, sea salt and black pepper to a food processor. Pulse 5-10 times until the almonds are finely ground. Add the remaining ¼ cup almonds, sesame seeds and olive oil to the food processor and pulse 2-3 times until the remaining almonds are roughly chopped.
- Heat a small frying pan on medium-high heat; add the dukkah to the pan. Toast the mixture, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the almonds begin to turn golden and the spices become fragrant. Once finished, place the dukkah in a bowl to cool and set aside.
- Slice the turkey breast lengthwise into tenders. Trim any thinner ends so that the tenders will cook evenly. You can use the trimmings for other recipes or cook separately with the remaining breading.
- Add the flour to a small bowl and whisk the egg in a separate small bowl. Measure out 1 cup of dukkah and place into another small bowl. Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Coat each tender with a small amount of flour, followed by the egg mixture. Allow any excess egg to drip off of the tenders before placing into the dukkah. Completely coat all sides of the tenders with dukkah before placing onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Lightly spray each turkey tender with avocado oil spray. Place in the oven to cook for 30-35 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165F when inserted into the centre of the largest tender.
- Once fully cooked, remove the turkey tenders from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before placing on plates. Serve with hummus on the side and garnish with a sprinkle of the remaining dukkah blend.