TIP: These tenders taste great the next day and make a fabulous lunch. Turkey breast works well in this recipe too. Change up your dipping sauce with your kid’s favourites; honey mustard, ranch, hummus and BBQ all work well and can be packed up for lunch or snacks.
- Slice turkey into 1 cm slices. If thicker, pound to about 1 cm thickness.
- Season the tenders with garlic powder, paprika, mustard powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare your breading station with three shallow bowls. Place flour in one bowl, eggs in another bowl, and breadcrumbs and cheese in another bowl. Season all with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Take each slice of turkey and dredge in flour. Dip in egg and then coat with breadcrumb mixture on both sides, pressing breadcrumbs to adhere well.
- Place oven rack in the middle of the oven. Broil, for 6-8 minutes per side, until turkey is no longer pink and cooked through. Flip once during cooking, when the breadcrumbs are browned. (Timing may vary depending on size and shape of fingers). Let cool slightly before serving.
- For dipping sauce, blend together peppers, cheese, yogurt, parsley, onions and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve turkey tenders with dipping sauce on the side.