TIP: Use turkey bacon for a lighter, healthier version of this recipe.
- Cut the turkey breast into 2-inch steaks.
- Wrap each steak with one slice of bacon. Secure with a skewer through to both sides of the bacon wrapped steak.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the spices to make the seasoning rub. Rub each steak generously on both sides. with the rub.
- Grill steaks over low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes per side until meat is cooked through and registers 165°F (74°C) on a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat. (Heat setting and cook time will depend on the power of your BBQ.)
- While steaks are cooking, make the salsa. Cut the peach in half and remove the pit. Grill over high heat until the peach is slightly charred but still firm, 2-4 mins. Remove from heat and dice.
- Dice the red pepper and onion. Tear the basil into small pieces.
- Combine the peach, onion, red pepper and basil. Dress with olive oil and vinegar. Add and salt and pepper to taste. Serve alongside the turkey steaks.