Make a double recipe of the spice blend, you are going to want to make this a lot!
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil & add the onions.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and the Baharat, sauté for about a minute to release the oils and aromas from the spices.
- Add the turkey and break it up as it browns. Cook for about 10 minutes until the turkey is cooked through and nicely browned.
- Stir in the pine nuts & cilantro, remove from the heat and taste to adjust seasoning as required.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the tahini, lemon juice & honey. Whisk to combine.
- Add a bit of water if necessary, to make the dressing creamy and pourable. The mixture may seize up and thicken at first, but continue adding water a little at a time and whisking until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity, salt for saltiness, or honey for sweetness.
Serve the spiced turkey over steamed brown basmati rice, generously drizzled with the Tahini dressing, sprinkled with toasted pine nuts & more cilantro.