When taking the meat's internal temperature, be sure not to touch the thermometer to the bone. That will give you an inaccurate reading.
- In a small bowl, stir together all the spices and the oil to make a paste.
- Place the turkey thighs, along with the wet rub, into a re-sealable plastic bag, and rub and turn the turkey thighs until they are completely coated. Alternately, you can use your hands to spread the rub.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your barbecue to 400oF (205oC).
- Place the turkey thighs on the preheated grill and cook for 30-35 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165oF (74oC).
- Baste the turkey thighs with your favourite (gluten-free) barbecue sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the thighs to a serving dish, cover with foil, and allow them to rest for five minutes before serving.