Instead of goat cheese, you can use softened cream cheese. These Potato-Topped Mini Meatloaf Bites can be prepared in advance, just don't broil them until you are ready to serve them.
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (177oC). Grease the cups of a 24 cavity mini-muffin pan.
- Place the potatoes and salt in a saucepan with enough water to cover them, and bring to a boil. Continue to cook them while preparing the meatloaves.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the turkey, gluten-free oats, dried cranberries, egg, garlic, parsley, salt, black pepper, and poultry seasoning. Mix until well blended, and fill each mini-muffin cup with about 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the mixture. Pat down to level the top of the meatloaves.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165oF (74oC). Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before using a knife to cut around the edge, and gently lift the meatloaves from the pan. Place the meatloaves on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, and can easily broken up with a fork, drain the water. Return the potatoes to the hot pot, and add the goat cheese, butter, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mash until smooth and creamy. Stir in the onion greens.
- Spoon or pipe the mashed potatoes onto the top of the mini meatloaves.
- Place the mini meatloaves under the broiler, and broil until the potatoes are just starting to turn a light brown colour, about 3-5 minutes. Plate, serve, and enjoy.