To make a quick and simple gravy, pour out all the pan juices. Strain and skim off the fat. Heat on low in a saucepan. Mix 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch with some water until dissolved. Add this to the gravy and heat to a simmer until the mixture thickens.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and giblets have been removed.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Pat the bird dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil, inside and out.
- Combine all spices to make a rub. Sprinkle generously onto the bird, inside and out.
- Halve the lemons, quarter the onions and peel the garlic.
- Stuff the cavity with the lemons, onions, garlic and thyme.
- Place the bird into your roasting pan. Add wine and chicken broth.
- Roast the turkey for 2 ½ - 3 hours, or until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 170°F (77°C) in the breast and 180°F (82°C) in the thigh. See our cooking times and temperatures for more details.
- Remove turkey from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.